Reporting to the Executive Director, Finance – Corporate and under the general guidance of the Vice President, Operations – Atlantic & General Manager, Casino New Brunswick (“CNB”), this position is responsible for assisting in preparation of materials to meet or exceed the reporting requirements to internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
This position is responsible for the overall management of the accounting and finance functions for the Casino New Brunswick site and develops performance objectives and delivers performance evaluations for direct reports. The Controller ensures adherence to all policies and procedures, motivates and leads by example, and contributes to a safe and welcoming work environment for all employees. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino New Brunswick’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Providing leadership and direction to the site accounting team;
- Developing performance objectives and delivering performance evaluations for direct reports;
- Assisting in the preparation of various detailed site financial statements and financial reports to senior management and external partners (NBLGC);
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with approved vendor list with respect to accounts payable transactions;
- Monitoring and following up on aged receivables;
- Maintaining and distributing key management reports to business unit managers and holding regular meetings with managers/department heads to ensure accuracy of reports;
- Assisting in the review of all treasury accounts;
- Preparing daily internal transfer and external wires;
- Verifying, recording and reconciling various tax accounts;
- Reconciling daily gaming transactions to CNB billings;
- Assisting in the development of the annual budget;
- Assisting the Director in analyzing results; monitoring variances; identifying trends; recommending actions to management;
- Providing detail on requests from management to better understand results;
- Reviewing monthly working papers and supporting schedules related to gaming revenues, casino floats, chip liability and gaming payable accounts;
- Achieving timely and accurate month/quarter-end closes and supporting related audits;
- Reconciling transactions by comparing and correcting data;
- Liaising and communicating effectively with senior management and all appropriate business units along with corporate office and external partners (NBGLC) and financial service providers;
- Developing and cultivating strong working relationships with all stakeholders: guests, ownership and employees;
- Complying with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations;
- Performing other duties as assigned or directed.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- 5-7 years progressive experience in accounting with 2-3 years of management experience;
- Post-secondary education in accounting/finance, or suitable combination of education and experience;
- Chartered Professional Accountant (CPA) designation from Canada or working towards the designation;
- In-depth knowledge of accounting practices/procedures, and good understanding of IFRS;
- Ability to exceed internal and external customer expectations through timely, effective and service oriented communication;
- Computer literacy in MS Office, SAGE, JDE or related accounting software experience an asset.
Work Environment Considerations
- Regular office environment; may have non-traditional work hours, schedule flexibility is required.
Special Working Conditions
We conduct our business in an ethical and professional manner. Every team member will be obliged to understand and follow all of the policies outlined in Great Canadian’s Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and will disclose any irregularities or wrongdoing in accordance with the Company’s Whistleblower Policy. The Company is committed to sound internal control policies and practices. Every team member will follow the internal control practices required of their position and department.
- Every team member must comply with all requirements of the Corporate Ethics & Conduct Manual and with all other corporate policies communicated to the employee;
- Every team member will be familiarized with the business process documentation and internal control objectives related to their position, and how their job description aligns with specific internal control activities for which they are responsible;
- Adhering to all company and regulatory policies as they relate to functions of the position.
Licensing and Certification Requirements
Permanent employment is dependent upon the authorization and continued approval of the Provincial/State Regulatory Bodies. New employees will complete an application and will begin work after regulatory approval is granted. Existing team members will reapply as necessary, and continuing work will be dependent upon successful reapplication. For positions that require additional certification, the appropriate level of certification will be maintained.
$94,500.00-$117,900.00 per year
- Company events;
- Dental care;
- Discounted or free food;
- Employee assistance program;
- Extended health care;
- Life insurance;
- On-site parking;
- Paid time off;
- RRSP match;
- Vision care.
Flexible Language Requirement
- 8 hour shift;
- Day shift;
- Monday to Friday;
- Weekend availability.
Supplemental pay types
If interested in this position, please apply online by clicking the Apply now button, above.