About BioScript Solutions
At BioScript Solutions, we’re committed to simplifying access to specialty care for people with chronic health conditions and rare diseases. From our home base in Atlantic Canada, we’ve grown into a national network of 13 pharmacies, 100+ Coverdale Clinics, and comprehensive patient support programs (NavieGo) that serve thousands of people across the country. And together, with our third-party logistics and A&D Wholesale operations, we’re proud to be a Canadian leader in specialty health care.
The Director, Corporate Services & Controller (the “DCSC”) is a highly skilled individual and experienced leader who will play an instrumental role within the BioScript management team and will be key to enabling the continued success of the company. In collaboration with other senior leaders, the DCSC will be primarily responsible for building and managing the corporate services team, preparing / reviewing recurring reporting, participating in budgeting / forecasting and assisting with the annual external audit. The DCSC will provide proactive leadership, clear direction and set high standards for quality for a team of dedicated professionals.
The Director, Corporate Services & Controller will be required to function independently, take ownership of their work, act decisively and demonstrate initiative with respect to the evolution of the role over time. The Director, Corporate Services & Controller's ability to quickly understand BioScript’s operations and take action on the basis thereof will be critical to their success.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Director, Corporate Services & Controller is a full-time permanent role based in Moncton, New Brunswick.
Main job tasks and responsibilities
- Build out and manage the corporate services team – overseeing our vendor relations (national and regional) and real estate portfolio of 100+ locations;
- Improve the vendor management process – build / maintain relationships, ensure contractual compliance, monitor KPI’s / efficiency, provide regular reporting on key initiatives;
- Ensure that accounting processes adhere to and are in compliance with company policies/procedures and legal requirements;
- Partner with internal departments to provide guidance and support on Finance related activities which may include accounting, corporate reporting, payroll and associated activities;
- Review and distribute monthly financial reporting to internal / external parties – identify significant or unusual variances and investigate / address as necessary;
- Assist the Director, Financial Planning & Analysis with the preparation, maintenance and updating of budgets and forecasts – provide explanations for material variances;
- Assist with / coordinate external annual reviews and audits;
- Participate in the financial analysis of key business opportunities;
- Handle ad hoc reporting requests and participate in / lead projects as required;
- Lead a team of professionals in accordance with the company’s values;
- Consistently look for process improvements and efficiencies by cultivating innovation using new and existing technologies;
- Responsible to report any patient safety information as per adverse event reporting requirements; and
- Other duties as required.
- University degree and CPA designation;
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience, including at least 5 years leading other professionals;
- Experience with contract negotiation, management and optimization;
- Knowledge of commercial leasing and project management;
- Experience with financial statement review, analysis and forecasting;
- Superior analytical and problem-solving capabilities;
- Works effectively in teams;
- Exceptional organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple deadlines and competing priorities;
- Impeccable attention to detail;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Flexible, adaptable, able to provide strong leadership;
- Prior experience with ERP’s, financial analytics or similar would be an asset.
With one tree planted for every new hire, why not start your new job on a green foot and help us lower our carbon footprint.
Our commitment to our team, our patients, and our community
BioScript Solutions supports public health guidelines and recommendations regarding COVID-19 vaccines. As such, any offers of employment will be contingent on the candidate’s acceptance to comply with our COVID-19 Vaccination Policy.
As one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we offer a competitive total rewards package and paid time off to volunteer. From donation programs and local community engagement activities, to national charitable and environmental initiatives, our team's passion for creating change extends from patient care to community care.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As a people-centric organization, we’re committed to fostering a culture free of discrimination, and providing a safe space for all team members to express their individuality. Through our commitment to diversity, inclusion, belonging, and equity, we strive to provide an accessible workplace, where individuals feel valued, respected, and supported every day.
We encourage and accept all applications, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Accommodations can be made available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For inquiries, please email the talent acquisition team at [email protected].
If you’re looking for a collaborative and dynamic workplace where you can bring and be your best, apply now and join our #BestTeam